Friday, February 27, 2009

Yesterday we tried the plan...

Yesterday after Jeremy got home from school I tried the Game Plan, and it worked. Only two tantrums occured and they were both mild. We got to enjoy some time outside so half the rebound period was spent running... then we came inside for some sense sational fun. We started out with sparkle bags (glitter, sequins and water in ziploc bag) then we went old school and played in beans and rice. The kids made a huge mess but considering I had 6 children participating it wasn't too bad. They ALL left me alone while I prepared dinner and cleanup was fairly easy. I'm hoping that I can continue to keep the kiddos occupied and tantrums reduced during the prime hours. Wish me luck.. if you've got any great sensory ideas please share them.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

What about salt or sugar on a cookie sheet and they can draw with their fingers or drive cars through it? I would recommend the salt over the sugar because the chances they will sit there and lick the sheet are smaller.

ST said...

Sparkle bags - cool idea! I'm glad to hear your strategies kept tantrums at bay.

Anonymous said...

The sparkle bags are a great idea. You can also try making playdough. It smells better than store bought and if anyone accidentally eats it, it is made out of food products. There are a ton of recipes on the Internet.

That is great that it is working. I hope your success continues.

Lydia Dustin said...

I love the idea of a sparkle bag! We are giving u the binky and we need distrations at stressful times

Mammatalk said...

Sparkle bags? Gotta remember that one!